Why Hire A Bankruptcy Attorney?

It is technically possible to file for bankruptcy without a lawyer's help, in that the necessary forms are publicly available. For that reason, some people facing bankruptcy are tempted to complete these forms on their own and initiate the bankruptcy process without any formal legal advice. This might save you money in the short term, but it is likely to cost you significantly in the long term. It's much safer to work with an experienced attorney.

When you work with Jeffrey H. Hagen PC, our firm will help you understand Utah bankruptcy law so that you can make informed decisions at each step in the process. One of the biggest decisions you'll have to make, for example, is deciding whether to file under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. The choice that makes the most sense for you will depend on factors, including your income, what assets you possess and how much debt you have. In every case, we will make sure that all of your paperwork is completed accurately and thoroughly so that you can work through the bankruptcy process quickly and efficiently.

Avoid Rookie Mistakes By Listening To Good Advice

Even if you choose the right type of bankruptcy for your needs, there are many bureaucratic pitfalls that can trip you up throughout the filing process, such as:

  • Failing to file required documents
  • Missing deadlines
  • Losing assets such as your car or home that could have been protected
  • Failing to enroll in required financial education courses

We Will Answer All Of Your Questions

Jeffrey H. Hagen PC has helped more than 10,000 clients successfully file for bankruptcy over the course of more than two decades. Our firm has encountered just about every possible question that can come up, and we are always happy to answer every question you have, promptly and thoroughly.

To schedule a free initial consultation, email us or call 801-471-0555.

Our office is located in Salt Lake City. We speak English and Spanish.

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.